Thursday, April 3, 2008

Some Days

I really do love being a stay at home mom. Some days I love it more than others.
Today is of the "other" days.
*poo warning*
I wake up this morning to Sorsha beating me in the head with her sippy cup and I can hear Elle screaming her head off in the background. I get the bigger kids cereal and move on to Elle. When I pick Elle up, I realize that she has NO diaper on and the poo is EVERYWHERE.
I wipe her off, set her in the tub and start cleaning up the bed. (Stasia is sitting with Elle in the bathroom, I didn't leave her by herself)
Sorsha then decides to get down from the table, with her cereal. It ends up on the floor.
Once the bed is clean and the floor is clean, I move to the bathroom to scrub Elle down.
As I am washing her, I can't help but think of at least 20 jobs that would be easier than the one I have.
I could work somewhere where:
I get to wear nice clothes
I don't have to clean up poo
diapers don't exist
I don't have a 2 yr growth hanging off my legs
there are no screaming kids

And the list goes on and on

I have had such jobs and I missed my kids more than word can describe. They may be easier, but they are not as awarding. I LOVE being with them and not missing the first words, first steps, first tooth and so many other things. There is nothing else I would rather do....even with the poo.

But some days, I can't help but daydream...

No comments: