Friday, June 1, 2007

My Bug And Her Fat Feet

Sorsha has some chubby feet. They are so chubby that shoes won't fit on them. They are too small and I have to stuff her feet in them or they are too big and she trips when she walks in them. Most of the time this doesn't cause too many problems, I just let her go barefoot, she likes that better anyways. But on Memorial day, while we are at Mom & Dad's house, she stubs her toe. Her toenail splits and starts to bleed, we trim the nail and put a band-aid on it. Thursday we notice that her toe is swollen and bright red but she won't let me look at it at all. By that night she is running a fever of 102.4 and the toe is now so swollen that it has split. So I decide that I will take her to Convenient Care Friday (Dr. Fletcher is out of the office on Fridays and so of course that's when she would need to see him :)
Friday when I get her dressed, not only is her toe still swollen, bright red and she still has a fever but now she has a rash on her chest and back...GoodNight!!
I call and cancel my 6 week checkup so I can take her in. And off we go.
Her toe is infected and that is causing the fever and rash so they put her on some antibiotics. Hopefully she will start to feel better soon!! It is so hard for me to see any of my kids sick, it just breaks my heart and I feel so helpless. She is a great patient though. You can tell that she feels awful but she is still my Sunshine-Bug, full of jabber, smiles and cuddles. What a day for my poor baby! I am going to have to find some shoes that will fit to protect those cute, chubby toes.

3 comments:

Perri said...

Trin, I hope it feels better, it sounds horrible. I know Penneys has wide shoes for infants - you might check there.

Melissa said...

Poor Sorsha bug!!

Staci said...

Awwww...poor baby! How scary! We'll keep her in our prayers!