Monday, June 11, 2007

"Look Mom, A Spider!"

My #1 phobia is spiders.
This morning as I am putting the kids in the van, Anakin says "Wow there is a spider in here". I freeze and ask where, he points to the front seat. There, between the two front seats, is a spider web and a little yellow/brown spider about the size of my pinkie nail. I call Gabe out to show him the web, he likes spider webs...icky! After he comments on how cool it is, he cleans it out for me *shudders*
I finish getting the kids all seat belted in and open my door only to discover another web that is the full size of my door. There is no spider in this web so I clean it out myself (aren't I such a big girl :) *shudder some more*
As I am driving down our street, something flies in my window. Thinking it is a bee or something I look to my left and find myself staring at another yellowish/brown spider, this one is the size of my thumbnail!!! I scream, stop the car, put it in park, grab a magazine and smack the spider out of my van. This is not good enough for me. I am afraid that it just fell on my door and will climb back in on me ( I have had this happen to me and it wasn't a pretty) I get out of the van to make sure it isn't on my door. Door is all clear but I am not convinced that I am safe until I see the vile creature on the street, whereupon I crushed it's body!
I have felt spiders crawling on me ever since *still shuddering*

4 comments:

Staci said...

You don't evenhave to tell me girl...spiders give me the creeps...no matter hat size or kind...ick

Tina said...

Right there with ya!!!

Melissa said...

Spiders are evil

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.