Tuesday, March 6, 2007

What A Day!!

Yesterday turned out to be a crazy day.
It started off with plans of going to lunch with my friend, going to my Dr appt., and possibly doing a little shopping afterwards.
But nothing happened like it was supposed to.
Gabe stayed home sick with pains in his right side. He woke up Sunday with them and they hadn’t let up at all. Around 9ish I call and schedule a dr. appt for him, (can’t have him dying on me now :)
I leave alittle before 12 to meet Christine for lunch, and the van dies. I have to pull off the side of the road and call Gabe. He says he thinks it’s the battery and he will go by one and bring it out to me. I call Christine to let her know that I will be running late, but I still have hopes of being able to have lunch with her. Gabe arrives with the battery; we (and of course I mean “he”) hook it up and start the van. The battery light still comes on and then we know it’s the alternator…DOH! So we have to drive back to Auto Zone and buy the alternator. I call Christine to let her know I won’t be able to make it for lunch :( The van won’t be up and running in time for my appointment, so I call Dana and see if she wants to take me to the doctor.
Do you ever get the feeling that maybe we just aren’t meant to have a vehicle?? I pass out and total my car, Gabe’s little bug burst into flames and as soon as we get the title on the van, it dies!!The van is now up and running, hopefully it will stay that way :)

1 comment:

Perri said...

Trin - I'm glad it was something so simple to fix though. I hate it when my van breaks and nobody has any idea what's going on.