Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I forgot...

I really can't believe I forgot to mention this in the reunion post. I blame the crazy week before for my memory loss...

We were sitting at the table as they are giving out awards to the most interesting people from high school, ya know, the people that have done something worth getting noticed :)

The speaker says " and the next award goes to someone who has had 4 kids in the last 10 years...their ages are 8, 7,2 & 1. Will Gabe Matthews please accept the Best Dad Award".

I mean really...we get it everywhere we go,even from people I have never met. Will the teasing never end??

So there you have it, my husband's most outstanding achievement since high school is having the most kids.

And really, I couldn't be more proud of my family :)

3 comments:

Christine, Jason and Baby said...

Hehe That is funny. Can you imagine if they had that award for you mother and father at their high school reunion. LOL They would end up having the SUPER PARENTS AWARD! Most children ever taken care of in a life time. =) The best part is... They are great at doing it.

Anonymous said...

You both are super-duper parents !!
And Gabe is a very Uber Daddy

Valerie Swartz said...

Hi this is Valerie, (Tina's and Cathy sister in law) yeah we get the same thing. I have to say it is annoying, but funny all in one. I just have to say its nice to know someone who has been where we are now:)
God Bless,
Val