Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Brave Little Man

I had plans of attending the Ladies' Meeting tonight. I had my food made and everything ready.


Then it happened. At 5:00pm, a scream from the back yard sends chills through me. I run out the door and to the back yard. Anakin is laying on the ground telling Stasia to go get me, he is hurt bad. As I reach him, I look down at the arm he is holding. I turn around and yell "WHOA"!!!
I scoop him up and run as fast as can back to house, trying my hardest not to look at his arm. I call my dad and ask if he can bring my sisters over to watch the kids so I can take Anakin to ER. Dad is here in 5 minutes. He puts Anakin's arm in a sling and off we go.


4 1/2 hours later we are home. Anakin is sleeping now and I will be soon.


This is what his arm looked like before the cast:

He was the bravest boy! He had a great sense of humor. He was pretty much the best patient ever :)
I cried. I can't describe what this did to my mommy heart. It was the most painful thing I have ever gone through and I wasn't brave like Anakin. I held myself together for him but on the inside, I was a mess!
Tomorrow I have to break the news to him that he is done with baseball for the year. I couldn't bring myself to tell him tonight. My poor little man had been through enough and this will crush him. Please keep him in your prayers.

6 comments:

Staci said...

Awwwww! Poor brave boy! Erick and I sure feel this one and we're so sorry his baseball season is over! We're praying!!

Andi said...

So, I just puked in my mouth a little. Maybe more than a little.

Poor kid. Poor Mom. Poor everyone who had to look at that.

Poor me.

Perri said...

I know where Andi gets her weak stomach, because I wretched a little myself. That looks horrible. Hope he feels OK today.

Christine, Jason and Baby said...

HOLY MOLY!!! *gulp* I would have been in histerics. I just had a flashback of a few Easters ago when a little girl competeing in Rachael's gymnastics decided to goof off and her arm/wrist ended up looking VERY similar to that. I was horrified then, I can't imagine what it would do to me as a mom. Poor Anakin! Get well little buddy!

Anonymous said...

omg it looks like two elbows

Melissa said...

Ow!!