Monday, March 24, 2008

What would your kids do??

Have you ever wondered what your kids would do if you fell, were hurt, unable to move or wake up?? What would they do in that situation?
I asked Stasia last week "what would you do if you found mommy laying on the floor and you couldn't get me to wake up?".
"I would scream really loud in your ear" was her immediate response.
"And if that didn't work and I still didn't move?"
"I would go crawl in my bed a throw the blanket over my head."
"What?! Why would you do that??"
"Because if you were sleeping and I couldn't get you to wake up, it must be bedtime, so I would go to bed."
"But honey, what if mommy was hurt and that's why she wouldn't wake up?"
"Oh, then I would call daddy"
"Do you know his number?"
"Nope, I would look it up in the phone book"

At this point I am feeling very likely to die if I ever get hurt around my kids, so I call Anakin down to see what he would do...

"Anakin, What would you do if you found mommy laying on the floor and you couldn't get me to wake up?".
"I would scream really loud in your ear"...again with the screaming...
"And if that didn't work and I still didn't move?"
"I would jump on your head" (I will never survive if I get hurt around my kids)
"And if that didn't work"
"I would go play, cause nothing would wake you up if that didn't"
"But what if I was hurt and that's why I wouldn't wake up?"
"Oh...I would call dad"
"Do you know his number?"
"Nope" and this point Stasia chimes in with "we can look it up in the phonebook"
Anakin just looks at her and says "you don't even know how to read"
To me he says "I would call Mamaw"
"Do you know her phone number??"
"Yes"

Well at least this is something but not quite what I was looking for. So I keep digging deeper.

"Do you know how to call the Police"
"oh yes, 911" they BOTH say at once.
"well don't you think if mommy was really hurt and couldn't wake up that you should call them??"
Anakin's eyes grew huge and he said "We can do that??"
"Yes, if mommy was really hurt bad and couldn't wake up"

We now have our address and phone number hanging on the refrigerator in case of an emergency. The kids both know this information, but Anakin wanted in to the fridge because he knows he will forget if he had to talk to the police.

Oh and I made sure to tell them, NEVER EVER jump on my head!

What would your kids do??

4 comments:

Perri said...

You better stock up on some vitamins and hope for the best!!!!

That was hilarious.

Heidi Kellems said...

REALLY were you surprised at their answers after all they are YOUR kids LOL!!!! Love ya TT

Christine, Jason and Baby said...

So glad you finally told them what they should really do and that Anakin wanted the information to be put on the fridge just in case. I would have hated to see something happen before now though. O.o Great life lesson there Trin! :)

Melissa said...

LOL!