Monday, August 9, 2010

My Little Man and I

Ok, so this post may not be the most happy post I have had in a while.
I love my little man so much but I feel like the worst parent 95% of the time at the end of my days with him. I don't know how to deal with the fact that the older he gets the farther apart we seem to be. I don't know how to get through to him and I am so frustrated right now. Is it because he is a boy and I only know how to relate to my girls, or is it more than that? Am I really just a terrible parent? I have told myself that everyone has these days but this is all the time! It can't be normal...can it? I feel so bad for him :(
He has always been the loner in the family and he just seem separated from us. He hates that he is the only boy. I am pretty sure he thinks I had 3 girls on purpose...really.
I know I have lots of friends out there who have wonderful relationships with their boys, please help me!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hey girl! Mommy's and their baby boys have more in common than you may think (or more than HE may think). Just a suggestion but why don't ya try some one on one time (like on a routine) with him. Just Mommy/bubby time. Doesn't have to be a big deal. But while you're alone just gush over him the way only his mommy can. Talk to him and admit to things that interest you about him. I bet he'll open up to you in no time at all. Don't look at it as he's growing up and "away" from you. Look at it as he's not so much a baby anymore but moving into that "you talk about my momma and I'll kick your butt" stage. Things might be different than when we was a baby but different can be good...even welcoming sometimes. I'll pray for you..I promise. Relationships with each one of our kids individually is important now more than ever!
Love ya!
Tina

Mommafo said...

He's such a lucky boy to have a mom that loves him SO MUCH. Your love for him is so obvious and I know some day soon he will be so thankful for that. (More tears! Agh!)