Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mexi-Ranch Chicken

Just for kicks and giggles, I thought I would share this recipe with you :)
The other night, Gabe and Brandon were going to be grilling brats, much to the horror of Dana and I. So I decided to attempt to make Dana and myself a yummy chicken meal. I had something similar at Applebees and I thought I would try to duplicate it to the best of my ability. It turned out so yummy I thought I must share it :)

What you need:

Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast
Lime Juice
Taco Seasoning
Ranch dressing
Shredded Colby/Monterrey Jack Cheese

Use a fork to poke holes in chicken. Put chicken in a seal-able plastic bag, cover with lime juice and marinade for 4 hours.
Cook the chicken (I had Gabe grill it).
Pour ranch dressing in bowl, sprinkle taco seasoning on top and mix together. You might have to taste to make sure you have a good balance.
Once the chicken is done grilling, brush the ranch mixture on top and sprinkle with cheese. Put the chicken on a baking pan and bake at 350 for 5-10 mins...just enough to melt the cheese.
Serve with Spanish Rice (or whatever you want :) and ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds yummy!! I'll have to try it.
Love ya

Staci said...

yes it does! me too...I love mexican!